Sunday, December 7, 2008

What a lovely weekend

We had this weekend! We always look forward to getting together with family and friends. This weekend was no exception!
Today marked our fourth annual holiday cookie exchange. Today was a perfect day for a holiday gathering other than it was 18 degrees....BRRRRR! The kitchen smelled holiday yummy-it was filled with the smells of a yummy brunch. We enjoyed a Broccoli Swiss Quiche, French Toast Casserole, a fantastic veggie salad that my mom makes and chicken salad on croissants. No photos of those - and I had the best intentions of taking photos of the brunch display......BUT, on to the IMPORTANT part of the cookie exchange.....Wow, talk about a wide variety of cookies to choose from! YUMM-O is all I can say!
Thanks to my Mom, Mrs. M, Amy, Sue, Mrs. Dettloff and Debbie for coming and enjoying a nice holiday afternoon! Oh, and we can't forget Colin!
Dad came and kept Glen company today too!
And now for a photo - How can you NOT want one or two of these??
And I have to show you the cutest thing table runner my mom made for Glen and I - It's four little gingerbread people. My mom creates some of the neatest projects! She is super woman! Isn't it adorable?! She embridered 'The Kwiatkowski's'. This will spend time on our dinner table well into the new year!

We hope you all had a wonderful weekend, stayed bundled up after the snow and cold that had blown in.

Keep warm!

Min & Glen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything was so yummy!

I am bummed - I had both cameras with me and didn't think to take a single picture either! :(

Amy

Anonymous said...

What a lovely hostess at that lovely afternoon! It WAS cold outside, yet cookies seem to have a way of warming our hearts! Thanks so much for a great time!

Debbie

Min said...

Thanks again for coming to you both! I had so much fun! Believe it or not, the cookies are just about gone - almost completely packaged up and distributed.

Looking forward to doing it again next year! :o)